Residential Home Security
Southern New Hampshire has become an increasing target for home invasions over the past several years. Most burglaries happen during the day when people are at work and children are at school. National statistics tell us that a home is burglarized every 13 seconds, and the most common point of entry is the front and back door.
Here are some other interesting statistics regarding home invasions and burglaries:
- 1 out of 3 residential assaults are a result of a burglary.
- Nearly 66 percent of all burglaries are residential break-ins.
- The highest percentages of burglaries occur during the summer months.
- 40% of non-forced entry residential crime is via the garage door.
- Deadbolts are 80 times more secure than an entrance key set.
The bottom line is that thieves are looking for easy access to your home. Here are some simple steps you can take to prevent your home from being burglarized.
- Lock the deadbolt when you leave instead of locking the passage knob.
- Remove dog and cat door flaps that provide easy access to door locks from the inside.
- Have a home security system installed and put stickers on your windows and doors. Only 17% of the homes in the United States have home security systems.
- Leave a car in your driveway and cycle timers for interior lights while you are away.
- Install good lighting with motion sensors outside the home.
- Upgrade to electronic locks on entry doors.
- Re-key entrance sets and deadbolts when somebody leaves the home.
Goffstown Lock and Key is in the business of home security. We have a two-tiered approach to making any home burglar proof:
- Make the home hard to break into. We will perform a home security audit and install recommended hardware. Many insurance companies will LOWER your premium by up to 15% when deadbolts are installed!
- Install a home security system. Our company partners with Pro Technologies – the best home security system company in southern New Hampshire who we are very proud to be affiliated with.
Is your home bulletproof? Give us a call to perform a security audit of your home free of charge!